Steps to Apply and Enroll
You are a new student if you've never attended college before.
Complete and submit a Mt. SAC Admission Application
New students can complete and submit the Mt. SAC online application here. For help, watch this video on how to complete the Mt. SAC online application.
Computers are available in the Student Services Center for your convenience. Please browse the information and tips below to ensure you're ready to begin the application process. For important dates and deadlines, be sure to check out our Academic Calendar.
Before You Start Your Application
- Have your social security number ready, if you have one. (If you have a DACA issued social security number, do not include it in your application)
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we'll send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- (If applicable) Have your permanent resident card ready.
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation 1-2 weeks after you submit your application containing very important information (such as a confirmation code that you will need in the future). This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered with the CCCApply website.
- Once you have been assigned a Mt. SAC identification number and username (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to set up your Mt. SAC Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Sign up for a Mountie Fast Track Info Sessions - Got questions? These Information Sessions were created to answer your questions and assist you in getting started at Mt. SAC! Register online at https://www.mtsac.edu/fasttrackinfosessions.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records office at (909) 274-4415 or visit Admissions online.
Mt. SAC offers a variety of financial aid programs funded by federal and state agencies and private sources, including grants, fee waivers, work- study opportunities, scholarships, and loans.
On average, tuition is just $1,400 per year to attend Mt. San Antonio College full time. Most students receive financial aid to bring this cost down even further and help cover other expenses.
Fill out a FAFSA
One of the most important financial aid documents to fill out is your FAFSA, a document that college students must fill out every year they are in school to help determine their financial need and aid eligibility. The FAFSA opens on January 1st of each year. You should fill out your FAFSA as soon as you can after January 1st of each school year. Learn more about FAFSA and the steps needed to complete it here.
We strongly encourage all of our students to apply for some form of financial aid. Learn about the different types of financial aid and programs at our Financial Aid page or feel free to call the Financial Aid office at (909) 274-4450.
Calculate Your Costs for College
Mt. SAC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate their college costs. The "net price" of college is the real price that a student pays -- the cost minus the financial aid awards you might qualify for. Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate the true cost of attending college at Mt. SAC and give you an idea of the types of financial aid awards you qualify for. You can find out more about and use our Net Price Calculator here.
All Mt. SAC students are required to participate in assessment for course placement. The assessment and placement process has been established to enable all students the opportunity to be successful in their coursework.
After you set up your Mt. SAC portal (how to claim your Mt. SAC portal account), go to www.mtsac.edu/aq, and complete the Assessment Questionnaire (AQ) to obtain your English and math course placement. Learn how to complete the online assessment here.
For more information, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
- 4At orientation, a counselor will review your English and math course placement based on the Assessment Questionnaire (AQ) and help you select your courses. Counselors will review graduation and university transfer requirements. You will also create your Mountie Academic Plan (MAP).
Online orientation is required by all new students to Mt SAC. To access the online orientation, go to your Mt. SAC Portal and click the "Student Success" tab. After you complete the online orientation, you should make a counseling appointment online to complete a first-semester plan, aka the Mountie Academic Plan (MAP), and assistance with the registration process.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process. Click on the green arrows to learn about each step in the enrollment process.
Exemption from Orientation
If one of the following statements applies to you, you may be exempt from orientation:
- I have graduated with an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
If you think you are exempt from orientation:
- Download our Student Success Form and bring it along with the supporting documents (listed above in steps 1 through 5) to the Counseling Center (2nd floor of Building 9B) or fax them to (909) 274-2413.
- Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380 if you want to find out more about orientation exemptions.
Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.
Before registering for classes, every Mt. San Antonio College student should have a first-semester course plan, aka, Mountie Academic Plan (MAP).
You can create your MAP by attending a workshop. Your MAP will help ensure that, while you're at Mt. SAC, you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university.
Our counselors will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve them.
Schedule your Mountie Academic Plan Appointment
- Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) Online or
- Visit our office, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building (9B).
- Call the counseling team at (909) 274-4380.
Mt. SAC Counseling Services
- We help students that are undecided about a major or career goal
- We help assist in planning your educational and/or career goals
- We help assist in choosing a university or college for transfer
- We help assist you with personal problems impacting your college success
Once you have taken your assessment questionnaire, completed orientation and met with a counselor. Check your registration date by using your Mt. SAC Portal under the "Student" tab. You may register for classes using your Mt. SAC Portal on or after your assigned date and time.
All students must pay their tuition and fees upon registering for classes, so be sure you are ready to do so when you register. If you don't pay your fees by the drop for non-payment deadline, you will be automatically dropped from your classes. Drop for non-payment deadlines are posted on the Mt. SAC Portal under the "Schedule/Receipt" tab. If you want to learn more about your fees, click the "Pay Fees" button at the top of this page.
If you're ready to register, visit our Registration Section for more information on how to select and register for your classes. You can also watch this informative video on how to register for classes.
All tuition and fees must be paid for when you register for classes. Here are the basics about paying your tuition and fees. Learn more by reading about tuition and fees or how to pay online or by watching this video.
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (in your Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Cashier's Office Building 4).
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt. It has important information and deadlines regarding payment, refunds, and dropping classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted in your Mt. SAC Portal on your Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your picture Student ID at the bookstore in Building 9A.
For information regarding fee payment options and payment policies, please visit the Cashier's Office website or contact them by phone at (909) 274-4960.